Last evening I did up the last shirt from my recent purchases for the grandkids. This is another plain yellow one and will go to the 2 year old in Hawaii. I tossed around a few ideas and then remembered something I’d kept from last summer.
While making swimsuits a year ago for the 3 girls, I toyed around with machine embroidery on the swimwear fabric. I tried out a design that looked really cute, but in the end was going to be too large for the size of suit I was making and I ended up going with a different one.
But, I’d hung onto the piece of fabric I’d stitched and last night got it out of stash. I trimmed it up square, and Steam-a-Seamed it onto the t-shirt. Instead of using a satin or applique stitch, I used the honeycomb stitch. The edges won’t fray due to being a swimwear knit and because the Steam-a-seam helps to seal the raw edges.
I love the look on the yellow shirt, and it feels good to use something I already had on hand. I used a size 70 ballpoint needle to stitch it in place after fusing.