Make-Up Purse by Joanne-q

Summary

Category:
Accessories
Pattern:
Status:
Complete
Started:
2015-07-29T00:00:00Z
Finished:
2015-07-29T00:00:00Z
Tutorial:
None

Description

Little make-up purse made from a combination of a salvaged (probably thrift-store/op-shop or garage sale) medium-weight linen type fabric and patchwork cottons from RJR's 2004 "Spring Promise" range. I'm trying to use stash fabrics - some go back even further than that!!

My 'Like/Dislike' jury is out on this one. The heavy iron-on interfacing has caused some wrinkling on the linen. The holding loop actually extends quite a way out of the picture - I think it's unnecessarily long. I didn't follow the instructions to interface the lining; that seemed totally unnecessary. Also, I had to adjust the cut of the lining to be able to stitch it to the zipper inside - as directed, there was just too much fabric. Even with a few mistakes, frustration and second-guessing, I did this in an interrupted single day. With practise, it could be quite a quick project.

My Rookie mistake for this project - sewing the lining to the purse with the zipper closed, resulting in needing to unpick a section & unzip from the  inside before I could turn it through. Doh!


Pictures

Loves

Comments

You can download the project as JSON data.Download JSON