Baby Boy Button Up by Speattle

Summary

Category:
Sewing for Kids
Pattern:
Baby boy button up
Status:
Complete
Started:
2012-06-16T00:00:00Z
Finished:
2012-06-23T00:00:00Z
Tutorial:

Description

I saw this pattern on line and thought it was darling and that my grandson needed a new shirt.  Instead of using yardage, I took a shirt of my husband's (Thanks Honey!) and used the material in it for the baby shirt.  I used the existing button and hole plackets instead of making the ones in the tutorial.  I also used the original pocket, just cutting it down and preserving the finished top edge.

I changed the collar application to a more standard one with the upper collar edge turned under and hand stitched to the seam line. 

Finally, I stitched in the shirt fiber label, just for fun!  It says "Made in Honduras", but this shirt was made here in the USA!

The second photo shows the completed shirt with what is left from the original man's shirt.

Pictures

Loves

Comments

Rebecca

Adorable! It seems like the spots that get the most wear on dress shirts are the collar and sleeve cuff edges so this is a great way to reuse that nice shirt fabric.

True

What a creative idea!

Speattle

Thank you. This was a fun project. I am inspired to see what else I can make for the kids out of clothes we no longer use.

You can download the project as JSON data.Download JSON