I was inspired by this print by Gary Andrew Clark
. I really wanted the finished piece to have the pop of the dark grey/blacks in the print... without using such dark colors. I choose blues and yellows (because that's what I have a lot of) hoping the blues would translate like the blacks in the print ~ however, some of the yellows are very densely saturated, so that look kind of went out the window. Instead I put the brights together to make lines of circles, which ended up looking fine.
I used a drunkards path template from Tabslot
(awesome!) This will end up being about 36"x 36", so it's much smaller than most of my quilts, but I really want to practice some denser quilting on this so I can be ready to quilt the dragon soon.
I finally got to quilting this... and I learned a lot. I will not use a chalk pencil again - at least for quilting purposes. The chalk got stuck under the stitches and didn't totally wash out. BUT I did have a lot of fun quilting little sputniks!