This quilt was made from the leftovers of a quilt made from a pattern
by Charlie Scott. The Frosted Stars pattern was posted on the Moda Bakeshop site. It may no longer be on the site, however.
I felt like this top took forever, but I sat down and counted and
realized I had really only worked on it for about two days. The top
itself took almost no time, probably because most of the piecing was
done in conjunction with the Frosted Stars
Looking at it before adding the blue borders I liked it. However, I did think that the red border was a
bit too thin and would get distorted in the quilting process.
The back took, what seemed like, forever.
After adding the borders I had to add more to the back. I think the back
has more piecing than the front! The problem was that I didn’t want to
waste the fabric leftovers. If you don’t want to waste the leftovers,
then you have to sew. I am pleased with this piece in general.
I have to admit that I have never gotten over the feeling that the
quilting will ruin the look of my piecing. It turns out that I am really
pleased with the quilting. Colleen did more feathers, which I love. She
also paid special attention to the various borders – no all over
patterns for me.
Gift for Mrs. Kathleen Garcia (principal) for her support of the Resource Program at Our Lady of Mercy School
Posts about this quilt:Frosted Stars LeftoversFrosted Stars Leftovers TopFinished: Frosted Stars Leftovers