The challenge in my art quilting group was "circles". it was my first art quilt and I was brand new to the group. It had to be finished in a month so I kept it small, 14" by 20". I knew I wanted to use bright colors and raided my stash. The purple batik I used for the background has been a long-standing stash fabric I often turn to. The circles are hand appliqued. Once that was done I sandwiched the quilt and started embellishment quilting with embroidery threads, beads, and ribbin. First I used a dark ribbon with dark embroidery floss.....bad mistake because when you got more than two feet away from it, the dark ribbon and thread vanished and all you could see we're the circles. The result was like three frog eggs floating in purple water. To fix it I chose a lighter color of ribbon and stitched it right over the top of the dark ribbon. Then I wove a lighter color embroidery floss in and out of the original quilting threads. That anchored the floating circles. There were so many knots on the back I decided to mount it on a thin piece of art board and made a sleeve for the art board, stitching the finished quilt to the edges of the sleeve and sewing the end shut. I glued a wooden slat to the back for hanging...the edge of the slat catches on a nail and can be balanced easily. The stiffness makes it great for hanging like a picture or to lean against something. Since completing this project, I have learned to quilt with embroidery thread and hide the knots, but I really like using the art board and sleeve method for small pieces. It just like the dual way they can be displayed.