While visiting my grandson in February, my daughter-in-law and I came up with some ideas I showed her from QuiltCon. One of them was Amy Butler's Honey Bun Pouf.
We picked out several fabrics that match the Pirate Quilt (^cameron-s-pirate-quilt) I had made that was now going on his big boy bed. She wanted to make his room special before his new little brother is born in May (can't wait)!
If you haven't made an Amy Butler pattern, be prepared for many pieces. I ended up with 90 wedges, 30 of fabric, 30 of canvas and 30 of batting. BUT all this makes for a terrific end product.
May 3rd: I finished machine basting all the wedges into a fabric, canvas, batting sandwich. I learned it's pretty important to follow Amy's directions as I had initially put them in the wrong order and wondered why they puckered.
May 30th: Except for finishing sewing the buttons, Cameron's Pirate Pillow is done! I've shipped the stuffing to Austin so I can fill it up once I'm there.
Update: I've just returned from Austin and the pillow was a hit! I stuffed it while I was there . . . the filling I had mailed didn't work so I ended up using a 5 lb. box of polyester fiber fill. Cameron discovered he can even bounce on it :smile:!