I ran into this fabric collection at a quilt shop in south Asheville, NC last year when I was having my kitchen redone as part of a 10-month remodeling job. I had already chosen green and orange for my kitchen colors and knew I was going yellow in the living room. These fabrics transformed my plans for a more formal/traditional space into something fun, flirty and festive. One of the workmen called it my "dollhouse," and that has transformed how I regard the space. I went from delighted and happy to truly in love in that little girl way that is so rare as we grow older.
- Potholders (2 sets so one can be washing while the other is in use)
- Oven Mitts (2 sets here too)
- Wall accent "prints" of framed fabric using a 2nd contrasting/complementary fabric as a mat
- Window curtain/trim for 2 standard windows and one window in the patio door
- Dish drying cloths (a few of these)
- A table runner for the dining room table
- Cloth napkins (8)
- Placemats (8)
- Some kind of minimalist accent addition for a centerpiece
- Possibly napkin rings?
- Something a little playful for the chairs?