More Boppy covers by Batsy
My second to last baby project is getting some more Boppy covers made. I picked up where I left off with my first cover...
For the pattern I made the minimal changes needed that I discovered with the first cover.
I then cut and sewed a sample out of PUL with an invisible zipper as a protective undercover and a test for fit.
The fabric I picked was soft jersey and minky
And to cut I just layered the fabric and cut three at once.
I sewed them together with an overlap on the back for a closure. I also added some fabric and ribbon loops along the top for the baby to play with or to attach toys to. I ended up adding elastic to the hem opening of the jersey one to help keep it closed (the minky one didn't need it).
Pieces cut and waiting for sewing
Toy loops sewn with n attached thread for quick turning
Elastic added to help keep the overlap closed on the all jersey version
Reenforced seams at loops and overlap
Completed cover with elasticized opening
Easy on and off with the overlap
Finished minky and jersey version
Finished all jersey version (colour is closer to the first photos, it is the dark blue)