Charity blocks August-December by Clairealex
My six month spot for one-block projects. (I really can count; I didn't do any for July.)
8/5/13 At the table of cast-off scraps and such, I found the fire truck pieces that had been fussy cut. I imagine their odd shapes were determined by the surrounding fabric. They invited improv piecing to get them up to the 12 1/2-square needed for block lotto. August Lotto blocks were to be boy friendly
9/2/13 Adding two pair for September--working early as I am heading out for a quilt gathering and family visit soon. The Urban Chicken block has another home as a separate project (where the tutorial can be found) because I foresee a whole quilt with that pattern in my future. Lotto theme for Sept is brights.
Since I won that lot of lotto blocks that included the fire truck, it appears again. The block didn't play well with the others so it became a doll/teddy bear quilt. I experimented with quilt as you go. I like working with small pieces for FMQ; I like using up small pieces of batting. But the joining is tedious.
The other blocks went to someone else to complete.
Teddy bear quilt using QAYG
Josh's Ladder quilting pattern; from Leah Day